Dollar for Dollar the best hosting service around

Banner

Monday, July 14, 2008

Hancock Review

Hancock was a very interesting movie. I thought Will Smith's acting was a little stunted in this picture, like he was just going through the motions. I've definitely seen better from him though it wasn't necessarily bad.

I don't want to give up the plot so I'll try to be careful with what I say. I thought I was going to see a sci-fi flick but it was actually more like fantasy. The special effects, like most movies these days were very good and believable. It's kinda hard to have bad effects these days with the guys at Industrial Lights and Magic and other CGI experts.

Charlize Theron's character was very good. Her acting was superb, even in a role that was probably a cakewalk for her.

Overall, I liked the movie. I did enjoy myself, I laughed out loud several times and it was a good movie if you just want to relax and have a moderately good time. Just don't take Hancock too seriously. It's not the Lord of the Rings. But it's worth seeing. Will Hancock make my list of top ten movies for 2008? It has a good chance, but definitely not a lock.

What I liked:
Charlize Theron's acting
The special effects
This quote: "Did you put a man's head up another man's ass?"

What I didn't like:
Will Smith's acting
The big fight scene
References to the X-Men movie

I give this movie 3 Quarters. If you don't understand my rating system, see my earlier posts for an explanation.

See this movie if you have the money and the time and you just want to watch an enjoyable movie and have a few laughs. If not, you can wait for the DVD.

No comments: